How it Works
The following is a straight-forward breakdown of the entire DTA process:
1. Nomination Period (July 1st to July 17th)
Pubic nominations are open in all categories, with the exception of Lifetime Achievement and Toy of the Year*. Anyone can nominate anything that meets the requirements for a category. If it is not nominated then it can not be considered to become a finalist or winner.
* The nine finalists in Toy of the Year will be selected from the nominees in any release based category.
2. Finalists Selected & Announced (July 18th to September 4th)
The nominees in each category are narrowed down by the Nomination Committee to the finalists; there will be six finalists in every category. All finalists will be announced on August 14th.
3. Voting Period (September 19th to September 26th)
Voting commences in all categories, selecting one winner in each category from the finalists. Everyone is able to vote once in six fan decided categories — Artist of the Year: Fan Choice, Best Blog, Best Toy Store, Best Online Toy Store, Custom of the Year: Fan Choice, and Toy of the Year: Fan Choice — with all remaining categories having the winners selected by the profession Judging Panel.
4. Winners Announced (October 10th)
The winners in every category are announced during a live ceremony held in NYC during New York Comic Con weekend.